On Mon, 01 May 2000, you wrote:
> [...]

It is my not-sp-humble opinion that Mandrake is great for getting newbies and
Joe User up and running on a real OS...  I'd even let my wife install Linux
using 7.0-2 if I had a second computer at home.  It's that easy.

But when I start talking about more flexible distro's as far as installation
and hardware goes, I usually recomment Slackware, mainly because it does not
require a pentium-class machine.  Another advantage is the ability to boot your
system from the CD in the case of a hosed install.

--
--- Flak Magnet

Woohoo!  I'm having more fun
than getting kicked in the head!