RH with some extra bits
> Is it stable?..
is anything?
i haven't had it die yet, applications and demons will crash from time to
time,
but i haven't had anything kill the kernel yet.

> Configuration easy?
fairly,
few points to look out for,
ide cd-rw 's,
 if your bios manufacturer has removed support for the function that tells
you how much ram is in the computer you'll have to set it buy hand.

> Is the powerpack worth buying?
yep,
1:- you get loads of apps so you don't have to download them
2:- the howto's are included which will be a great help if your new to linux
3:- you're supporting the cause.

I'd wait until 7.1 is released,
the kernel should be a lot better and detect more hardware (eg how much ram
you have)
X windows should be quicker and less memory hungry
it should have a lot of the bugs in 7.0 fixed.