"Joseph S. Gardner" wrote:

> MC_Vai wrote:
>

> > The whole thing goes just find (the modem answers to a query) until I
> > tried to connect... then the following message appears:
> >
> > localhost pppd[XXXX]: The remote system is required to authenticate
> > itself but I
> > localhost pppd[XXXX]: couldn't find any secret (password) which would
> > let it use an IP address.
>
> try adding    "noauth"   (without quotes) to the argument section in your
> kppp setup

Thanks I do can connect with kppp now but I had to bring down the eth0
interface.
Now the question would be: what do I have to do to release the IP with
dhclient? With dhcpcd all I had to do was to enter something like this:
root@secureSystem# dhcpcd -r.    <--- The eth0 interface keeps up but with no
IP-address assigned.
But I can't  find hot to do it with dhclient.

One last question: how can I do to make my eth0 network card take the
ip-address assigned from my ISP through PPP conection?