Don't have a burner...I'd like to just copy the mandrake directory to a
partition of the hardrive and install through DOS.

Is this possible? What are the overall steps?
I've gotten all the way to the packages menu (in drake) but it always gives
an error saying I don't have enough room regardless of how many packages I
choose.

Thx,
Michael
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Here's a repost of the more detailed question earlier:
Getting:
"An error occurred installation of rpms failed:
installing package needs 555 MB on the /mnt/ filesystem."  ???
WHAT I'VE DONE no burner, so I ftped mandrake et al from the FTP server to
my personal machine. Then...
* I rawwrote the hd.img file to a floppy and booted.
* Showed the mandrake directory.
* Chose customized and remaining options.
- (I've got 2 HDs in the computer...the plan being to load linux onto the
blank one so...) I formatted a HD, giving it everything it wanted / mount
point and swap with at least 1200 MB for the / . ...but to know avail. No
matter what packages I choose or how small I set the size limit, I continue
to get the error above (and it's not always 555 but sometimes larger or
smaller.)