On Fri, 5 May 2000, Craig R Bathurst wrote:

> I just installed ver. 6.0 on my computer. It will be a duel boot suation
> with Windows 98 as the default OS.
> Linux is VERY NEW to me. It's like working in MS DOS again.
DON'T YOU EVER SAY THAT AGAIN!!!! :-)

> Can anyone recommend a good book (like Dummies Guide to Linux) that will
> will explain step by step
> how to work with linux?
You can find lots of usefull informations at http://www.mandrakeuser.org
And there are a lot of good books too.
I have one called "linux expert ressources" that helped me a lot.
There is also the "linux bible".
No doubt other people will provide good titles too.
But once you have the basic knowledges, you will find the info you need un
the man, HOWTOs, LDP, and other infos provided with your distro.

> Is there a graphical interface for Linux (like windows) that will make it
> easier to use Linux?
Yes. There is. If you installed the appropriate tools, type XF86Setup at a
root prompt, and it will bring up the config program.
Once you ared done with it, type startx, and it SHOULD work.
If you have problems, please post a detail of your hardware configuration.

HTH
Flupke