There is quite a performance difference between SCSI and IDE drives, it's just
a matter of whether you'll be able to recognize it. If you copy lots of files
back and forth, or deal with large amounts of data flowing through everyday,
then you'll probally want SCSI. Or if you are a super power-user, and must have
the absolute best, then you'd get SCSI. But for the average Joe, the price
increase isnt' worth the performance increase for SCSI.

And so long as your SCSI card is supported under Linux (you can check on
Mandrakes webpage) then you should do just fine. I've had no problems with my
SCSI drive.

--
Anthony Huereca
http://m3000.1wh.com