>I've heard there's a download of Quake available for Linux and I would
>like to try it out -> could someone point me to where to find it
>(hopefully RPMS) and let me know what to copy?  I've never played it
>before but it looks cool.

sorry, can not help you on this one, just wanted to butt in with my
Railroad Tycoon II
recommendation. Even my Quake playing son stopped playing Quake.
RT2 is absolutely addictive.

I paid $35 at Fry's, but I am sure you can find it cheaper to zero <G>.

If you chose to install it, deselect "movies" option in install menu.
There were minor video issues on my old box:

PD440FX with 233PII, 128 MB RAM. Matrox Mystique (4MB)
Hitachi 803 (21" -53cm)

it corrected itself  on the second run.

Newer boxes ran it without a hitch.

best, Y