Hello gentleperson's!

We will be connecting our community (a Kibbutz in Israel) to Cable Internet
in the
very near future and I would like to get a few tips from anyone who can
perhaps help.

All the cables, hardware etc are owned by us up to the cable TV fibre optic
feed and
as such we have a lot more flexibility than the average cable user.

Being the person who will have the daunting job of installing NIC's Cable
Modems
and software in about 150 Computers I would like to do it as
easily/quickly/well as
possible.

One Issue that I am concerned about is Security for our users.

To secure every computer individually would be a difficult task, especially
as
they all are running various flavors of Windows :-(

Does anyone in this list have ideas or information on how to firewall our
whole system
from a single point, i.e., where the fibre meets cable.
And if so, what Hardware/Software would be required.

Best Regards:

Michael Perry.
R&D. Dep. Netafim Magal.
<<<<Linux -- the Ultimate Windows Service Pack>>>>
The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering iron, a
manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.