I don't like KDE or gnome. I find them too "resource consuming". They can
be usefull for people not wanting to learn how to really use linux. Linux
newbies generally like it, but once they discover how much it wastes
memory and CPU, they change their mind and use the "power" of the
command line.
I usually use blackbox. It's light and fast. Just what I need : a
graphical interface, but no silly unneeded features.

Enlightenment is pretty cool, too, but I fear that  E 0.17, with the
integration of efm, will show the same waste of resources as KDE or Gnome.
But what I like in E, it's that, unlike KDE or gnome, it has its own
personality and features. It is not intended to look like Zinblow$.

Flupke