Paul wrote:

> On Sat, 13 May 2000, Nickolay Belostotsky wrote:
>
> >Umm... Must be a bug in my Mandrake... Because halt *does* power down my
> >conputer... Hm...
>
> *grin* I doubt it is a bug. I have always used poweroff on my ATX machine
> and halt on the AT machine. Never tried it the other way around ;-)
> Old habits are hard to break!
>
> Paul

No bugs here!  I use shutdown -h now on my atx board, works fine.  If
you want a short cut, edit your /etc/inittab file at the point that
defines what ctrl-alt-delete does - change the -r to -h.  After you
reboot once, your ctrl-alt-delete keys will turn your machine off
instead of rebooting it.

Mike
--
Michael Holt