Hi Alan,

The published packages with MacMillian and MandrakeSoft are a little confusing. After
reading the Linux-Mandrake web site, I thought it would be best to purchase an
official copy. However,  I did purchase a book from Que called: "The Multi-Boot
Configuration Handbook" by Roderick W. Smith.
I found it very helpful(thanks Rod). The book came with a CD, and it included a copy
of Partition Magic Special Edition(DOS version). Whew....

As I am very new to this, I thought that it would be better if I practiced on another
computer. This computer has Win98SE installed on it.
The entire C drive was the entire 10 Gig. drive. Using Partition Magic, I was able to
reduce it to about 2 Gig.. The rest was left as free space.

I rebooted using the installation CD 1. The installation started okay but was unable
to read the partition table. I will try again today.

I think I missed a step.

Roman
Linux Mandrake Registered User