On Sun, 14 May 2000, Paul wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2000, X Drake wrote:
>
> >I think I may finally be ready to throw in the towel on Linux. Everything
> >is gone, and I wasn't even doing a damn thing other than browsing with
> >Netscape. One 2nd everything was great, then for no apparent reason the
> >browser went blank - nothing but a white screen - and it wouldn't close. So
>
> Did you have no trouble to get back into Windows? This sounds so
> strange...
> If you did not have to reformat all kinds of things, then I am puzzled. If
> you did have to reformat your disk, then I could imagine that the harddisk
> itself has a problem.

Well I had similar problems with M6 on a P75 w/ MB or PS problems, the disk was
fine in my case. M7 is a lot better at self recovery (same system, same errors
but it fixed itself). Once I moved the disk to another system all was well
(note that I also had a lot of registry errors w/ Win on that P75 system). I
don't think everything is gone but I don't have any suggestions for recovery.
It doesn't help now but a couple of things I do in similar situations is to use
Utilities > Process Management for killing a progie and ctl-alt-backspace >
restart X if X gets weird.