Thanks JD. I haven't quite decided what to do yet. I feel kind of like a
guy who's house just got wiped out by a tornado, and still picking through
the debris trying to figure out what the hell happened. What you said about
not being able to mount in read/write mode reminds me of something I saw
flash on the screen early in the boot process. I was paying extra close
attention to everything at bootup after this happened, and so I'm not sure
if it was new or not, but I saw something about read-only. It was only on
the screen for like a split second. I'll try it again and see if I can
catch anything more.