:~>I also wrote to several of the manufacturers responsible for 'my winmodem'
:~>and many other models of winmodems too. I have received a couple of replies

:~>>Subject: Re: Installing Linux w/PCI DI5630

Gee, from specifications listed here:

http://www.modemblaster.com/product/di5630.html

I would never have guessed it is a winmodem. It sounds like an ordinary
HAYES modem to me. It even has fax, voice mocem cap. etc.

Since, http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc lists is as winmodem - it must be.

I suppose someone has comunication problems. But then again,
when a guy from support tells you that PCI - card is a PnP card, what can
you expect? (hint: ever seen a non-PnP PCI card?)

cu
        Denis
Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])