Alan Shoemaker wrote:

P.S. IMHO any newbie who downloads their first install of
Linux instead of buying a documented package is truly nuts,
and is asking for big problems, but this has nothing to do
with the particular disto or version as it applies to them
all.

Alan
   Believe it or not I think that though we state and look at things
differently, and can at times take the others statement in a manner he did
not mean, basicly we agree with each other.
   The only thing I meant in regards to 7.1 being more difficult than 7.0
was the same as you stated in your P.S.
and regards a new Linux user who installs 7.1 (which is not yet available
for sale) from the ISO rather than buying a packaged 7.0 .They will be in
for a rough ride and will probably give up on Linux as being to hard, and as
you note this does apply to any Linux distro not just Mandrake.
   Mandrake 7.0 is like my old recliner, all the lumps are in  the right
place and I am comfortable using it.  I am still trying to break in and
adapt myself to 7.1  so give me time and my opinions of it may be even
higher than yours.
 :-)

     Charles