I have 2 hard disk, one dedicated to Windows and the other one, new.  Have
not been partitioned nor formatted by either Windows or Linux.  And, I plan
to install Linux on my new disk.

I have two queries regarding installation.

1)
I plan to disconnect my Windows disk and setup the new disk as 'Master' and
install Linux.  I will use a 'boot disk' to load Linux and will not install
LILO.

Once I install and setup everything under Linux, I will reconnect my Windows
disk (as Master) and connect my Linux disk (as slave).

My question is this, since I installed Linux w/ the disk as 'Master' and now
that I have reconnected my Windows disk and set Linux disk to 'Slave' would
the 'boot disk' recognize that Linux is now the slave drive (since I
installed everything w/ the disk as 'Master')?  Or, I should do some editing
in the 'boot disk'?

2)
I will setup the new disk as 'Slave' and when the section mount point and
partitioning comes in Linux installation, I dedicate the whole 2nd disk.
Thus, I will let Mandrake do the partitioning and formatting of the new 2nd
hard disk.

Again, I will only use 'boot disk' to boot to Linux and will say 'No' in
LILO option.

Question: In this procedure, should I presume that Linux will not do any
changes or save something in the Windows disk?

I will start installing once I get this clear.

Thanks for your help.

edison