I finally got my ip chains working on my linux mandrake
70.2 box:) I am also using a third DSL dialer call Babylon
but I am having a little problem!  I seem to have a lack of
speed.  The fastest connection I have is 17k sec.  I have
recieved upto 100+++ k sec in a win98enviroment.

I just want it to work as good as when I had it on win98.

I thought it may be my modem so I brought it back to Bell
and got a new one with no change.  I also thought it might
be my nic card so I put it on a new one to no avail.
(I then went back to my 3com 3C509 combo card,  No need to)
(use a 3c9xx 100meg card for Dsl )
Another problem I am encountering is I can only hit about
thirty to fifty percent of the world and load the full
page.  I may go to it but it won't load all the way or not
at all.  I can ping the address's though!

I DO have the nameserver specified.

any ideas would be great:)

Mike

Get your own free email account from