On Mon, 29 May 2000, you wrote:
> I have downloaded the following program from a HAM radio site and
> would like to install and run it: qsstv_3_0_m.tgz
> It is a program that allows you to receive and transmit slow scan
> television (SSTV) using the sound card in the computer interfaced with a
> HF (high frequency) radio.
> I think I have copied and  extracted it (as root) to /usr/local/src/
> directory but not sure how to set it up. Couldn't find a setup or
> install file so not sure where to proceed from here. Couldn't find any
> document files in the extraction to help with the setup either. Don't
> know who the creator is either. Wish I knew so I could contact him for
> help. I am using Mandrake 7.0 Complete install.
> Troy

Hi Troy,

 Which site did you download it from and was there no documentation on a page
their?  Usually there is some info on configuring the packages to your set up
either on the site our in a file within the package.
  Sometimes looking at the unzipped file names can give a hint.  Is there a
configure file or a Make file somewhere.
  Sorry I can not be more helpful but I'm having one mammoth task trying to
configure the bttv drivers for my wintv card ( I think this is day 4 ).
  Good luck
 --
Andrew
Blackburn