Hello,
Where to start?
I am still in the transition mode, coming over from the
darkside (microsoft/DOS/windows/BASIC &etc.) I tried to learn
C about 10 years ago, when everyone had their own version.
Before ANSI C was in full use. I had parts of a Borland compiler
and did a few simple "Hello World!" type programs. Now I wonder if
I need all new C reference manuals?? Since the advent of Linux and
the GNU compilers and such. I'm leaning toward an O'Reilly book I
just purchased a PERL manual (the camel book), and would like a
similar book for modern day C.  Do they still use "linker" processes,
and what became of a.out??  Does C still equal C, or are there "flavors"
of C??
Thanks,
vern