On 31 May, Andrew Scotchmer wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I have got Linux installed on hda1 after ditching Windoze a couple of months
> ago now.  When at the lilo prompt I have to wait 5 seconds for it to boot the
> kernal or press enter for instant booting.
>
> I know it is petty but how can I configure lilo to boot Linux instantly with
> out the prompt.  I have looked into  /etc/lilo.config  and messed about
> with the timeout option but it has no effect.  Therefore the waiting time
> command must be within another file but where?
>
> As I said it is a petty issue but it has become a bit of an obsession with me
> now.

Well, messing with the timeout value is the right way to do it. Did you
install new information afterwards? Just changing the values isn't enough, I
think. But I don't remember what the exact command to write out the boot
information is.

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
U|Force - Java Center                     and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Penguin Power!