ReiserFS promises a lot, but we will only know how good it REALLY is after
6 months or so... As for the "migration tool, it is called second disk ;->

That is, you can format a new partition as raiserFS, move all your data
there and that's it. You just need a lot of free space on a disk.

:~>>I've been reading that LM 7.1 will run on the ReiserFS - a journalized file
:~>>system! Does this finally mean no more fear of a messed up file system from
:~>>improper shutdowns after power failures and such? Does this mean the power
:~>>of Linux has finally been combined with the safety net of BeOS? If so, I
:~>>think Bill has a lot more to worry about....
:~>
:~>I think, with some craftsmanship, backups and other things, it is possible
:~>already to implement the ReiserFS on MDK 7x also. What I heard though, is
:~>that this includes a complete reformatting and setting up of your system
:~>again (but again, this is hearsay).
:~>
:~>If MDK7.1 indeed comes out with this FS, it would be nice to have a
:~>migration tool for it to maintain existing system setup.
:~>
:~>Paul
:~>
:~>)0(-----------------------------------)0(
:~>
:~>No matter what scientists say about her,
:~>she is still our beautiful moon.
:~>(Anonymous senryu)
:~>
:~>)0(----[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]-------------)0(
:~>http://nlpagan.net - ICQ 147208
:~>Registered Linux User 174403
:~>

Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread! ([EMAIL PROTECTED])