Well, if you read headers, you can see that I'm writing this from
Netscape 4.73 in Linux.
It did require XConfigurator, but I still had to find those errors I
mentioned for it to work.
It seems MandrakeSoft put the SERVER directive _after_ the DRIVER
directive in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/Cards+ for the TGUI9660 and TGUI9680.
And then to top that they didn't even list a SERVER directive for the
Trident Cyber 9320.
Once I moved/added the SERVER directives, XF86Setup no longer gave me
those errors, but it did still segfault.  XConfigurator did get things
going though.  (Oh, xf86config also errored and segfaulted before the
editing and I didn't try it again afterward.)

Perhaps I should try getting the source for XF86Setup and rebuilding it
myself.  I really prefer it for getting everything configured in the
order I choose, instead of getting hearded down text menus.