Re Linux 6.0

I have installed... I've been through the bsh a little...  but KDE (or other
GUI's) aren't in the offing.

On launch of KDE from command line I get X errors (I forget which... like it
can't initialize).  Trouble with the video driver?
MB BX-CEL 8mb (?? according to my receipts).

My machine is a pentium II 350, 128mb RAM, motherboard??.

I understand that there are newer versions of xfree86 that might solve the
driver problem - if it is the problem...  If new xfree86 is the route to go
- if it's not a bad idea to upgrade regardless - how??

yours,
jfe