On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Thomas Kitching wrote:

>hi
>i have installed linux-mandrake by partitioning my harddrive and it all
>works fine. But i can't figure out how to get on the internet through linux,
>i have a modem and a LAN which i both use. How can i configure linux for one
>or either of these methods of internet access.

In case you run KDE, or you have the libs for KDE installed, run
"kppp". It is in the KDE menu in Internet. It is the easiest thing to get
Internet dial-up running.
Note that this is a GUI program, it is not console-mode.

Paul

--
A dream and dedication is a strong combination

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(
http://nlpagan.net -  ICQ 147208
Registered  Linux  User   174403