On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Emanuele La Rosa wrote:

> I would like to use TV card on linux. The point is that I've downloaded
> Kwintv, I installed it, but it can find my TV card (device /dev/video). I hope
> anybody can tell me a way to install my TVcard modell  Magic TView (I ignore
> the chip inside because it is a present)

You will find out what chip you have by issuing this command :
        cat /proc/pci
One of the entry that will be displayed will concern you TV card.

Then, before running kv4lsetup and kwintv, you have to load the
appropriate module into the kernel. With my Pinnacle studio PCTV, I have
to load videodev, i2c, tuner and bttv. But maybe this is not the case for
you.
There is a bttv mini-HOWTO. Read it for more info.

PS : I think that I also had to rebuild the video devices (man MAKEDEV)

HTH
Flupke

--
        << There's no place like ~ ! >>