:~>Hey, folks - when you go on holiday how about switching off your
:~>connection to the mandrake mailing list!  As the summer
:~>approaches (at least here in the UK and in the northern
:~>hemisphere) I can forsee lots of automated replies being
:~>circulated if we don't help each other in this way.

Use .procmail for your auto-repliers. Here is my receipt:

# autoreply
:0 Whc: autoreply.lock
 * !^FROM_DAEMON
  | formail -rD 32768 vacation.cache
  :0 ehc         # if the name was not in the cache
    | (formail -rA"Precedence: junk" \
        -A"X-Loop: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" ; \
        cat ~/.plan \
                  ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

This part:

ensures that i do not send auto-replies to lists, and

  | formail -rD 32768 vacation.cache
  :0 ehc         # if the name was not in the cache

Makes sure you get my message only once (until the cache is
filled.). Normally, you would not use so large cache, but I receive a HUGE
load of messages. "~/.plan" is a file containing my message.

It is still a good idea to filter lists before this rule (saves time). For
instance:

# Mandrake mailing lists
:0:
* X-Loop:.*\/\<[a-z\-]+\@linux\-mandrake.com
{
  LIST = $MATCH
  :0:
  * LIST ?? ()\/[a-z\-]+
  {
    LIST = $MATCH
    :0 c:
    * LIST ?? fun
    * BH ?? \<(sound)\<
    ! [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    :0:
        mail/Mandrake/$LIST
   }
}

sorts all mandrake mailing lists to their own folders, so that I can read
post directed to me first, and lists when I have time to do it.

cheers
        Denis
Dr. Denis Havlik                <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
Mandrakesoft            |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Quality Assurance      (@ @)    (private: [EMAIL PROTECTED])
The only thing I see here is two things: (Oskuro at /.)