That is great...glad to be of help.

You were luckier than I with the hardware detect.
I have a VIA chipset...that should say it all, I think :)
But fortunately my husband has been in Linux about
6mos to a year longer than I and he understands the
guts of it much better than I do on the hardware side
and got it to work ... by getting both windows98
and Linux to agree on the settings they will use,
then preventing Windows from using automatic
settings and uninstalling the ISNPNP after Linux
settings were correct.  All of this while playing
back and forth with the PnP settings in the BIOS!
I never would have gotten it.  If I hadn't seen
it ... I wouldn't believe a combination like that would
be possible.

Not only that...but I can go between Linux and
Windows now without it changing the sound
and locking me out of the cool sounds in both
OSs.  Truly a wonder after all I had been through
with this.  My husband is amazing!

Have fun...Linux is really a blast....so cool!

Bambi