Jim wrote:

> I still haven't recieved any help with this and since upgrading to 7.1 it
> seems worse
>
> I installed MD 7.1, I have a creative cdrw 4224 and I can play music on it
> just fine under linux, however when I go to access it for files, the light
> comes on and after a few minutes I get an error message that the contents of
> the directory /mnt/cdrom can not be displayed....now the weird....I can't
> eject the cd and the light stays on. If I don't

Hi Jim. I can't help with your main problem, but
let me tell you what I've had happen a couple of times since its
similiar. Occasionally, I can't get my generic Atapi CD-ROM to eject
either. When this happens, I can click on its icon, go to file, then
click close. After that, it will eject. I also have an AMD CPU and
Gigabyte motherboard.

Might save you from having to reboot... ;-)