I had this problem only when installing on my laptop-couldn't get the
darn drive to open!!
When I upgraded to 7.1 final from the beta versions I basically just
walked away after indicating which additional packages i wanted, because
it took so long for the package installatiion to initialize. I was
surprised when I came back to it that it had asked for the 2nd CD and
the drive was already open, just waiting.
Maybe we have to let the 'install' open the drive? No intervention on
our part, just wait and see if the drive pops out. That's what happened
to me.

Eunice