I don't know, I seem to get better download times on my Win2k box than
either of my Win98 or Linux boxes... let the flames begin!!!  Seriously
though, on any of your OS's you can tweak the settings to allow different
connections.  Not all hardware is created the same - you're using a 28.8
modem, Windows may be optimized for the 56k flavour.  I'm connected via dsl
on a lan and I honestly have noticed considerably higher download speeds on
Win2k.  (Me thinks it's time to play with all my settings!)

Mike

> I would take an educated guess and say the TCP/IP stack in Linux is far
more
> optimized.
>
> -Chris
>

> On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> > Actually I get a better connection in linux on my 28.8 modem then in
> > windows. :)

and