From: "Roland Hightower" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2000 11:48 AM
Subject: [newbie] cd writer quit working after re-install

After my first install and subsequent re-installs of mandrake 7.0 my cd
writer
was able to read data cd's like the dvd drive.   Now all of a sudden after a
re-install it deosn't work.  I just get an error msg saying "could not list
directory contents file:/mnt/cdrom2".  I see the device /dev/hdd listed
during
boot and if I go to control panel - scsi, it shows the scsi host channel and
lists my cd writer.  If I bring up xcdroast it is listed in setup as my read
and write drive.  ( Ihaven't tried to burn a cd however) It is also listed
in
ftab and mstab.  But it WON'T READ THE CD'S I PUT IN IT!  What kind of a
deal
is this.  Oh, I checked, the drive still works under win98se.

Roland