Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> Darryl....if there is no  /usr/bin/kdesu  file on your
> computer then you need to install the kdesu rpm file from your
> master CD.

Hi Alan,

Ok, I did that, and still I can't ls -al, or locate kdesu. I did find a
/usr/bin/kcmkdesu file, which I suspected might be a make file, tried
that, and was told it couldn't connect to X. So I started X, ran Lothar,
and it worked!? No mouse problems either.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but at least Lothar is working
again, and from root for the first time.

FWIW, when I rebooted after re-installing the RPM, a check was forced on
HDA5, so maybe that cleaned something up?

TTYL

Darryl Gibson
Linux Neophyte (tm)

P.S. I crossed my fingers, and tried to change my screensaver options as
Darryl, but that still isn't working. I think I'll reload that package
too.