I have not tried these programs, but I have used the GLMesa demos.

The TNT2 rocks with XFREE4.0.

Then ants in Moebius RUN around the moebius strip.

They used to walk when I had a Voodoo2.

All the GL screensavers and demo programs work fine.

I merely performed a clean expert install, electing to use 4.0.

-JMS