On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Andrew Miller wrote:

> Loaded Mandrake 7.0 on a Thinkpad 760XL and used RPM to install
> StarOffice and Apache.  Now I can't find them.  They don't show up in
> any KDE application menus and the only icon that shows for StarOffice
> just runs the installer.  I've done that twice and can't find the
> application.
>
> This seems really basic, but where are they?  I perused the directory
> that StarOffice created and find nothing that seems to be an app.  As
> for Apache, the find utility finds nothing with Apache in it.  Do I
> have to run a second installer from the hard drive?  I know I'm doing
> something very basic wrong, but can't figure out what it is.
> HelLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Andy

To list all the files installed with the staroffice, issue an
    rpm -ql staroffice
or
   rpm -qpl staroffice.rpm

The files located in directories called bin are usually meant to be
executed.
Try to start them from an xterm or something.

More infos about the usage of rpm in "maximum rpm" available at
www.rpm.org

HTH
Flupke

--