On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Walter Hanagriff wrote:

>it wasnt confusing at all, answers are that my entire HD is dedicated to
>windows, partitioning shouldnt be a problem i think. one of my other
>questions on this list was about that.
>i will be getting mandrake 7.1, i havent gotten it yet, am trying to prepare
>for everything before i download and start installing.
>about that boot sector at beginning of drive, since 7.1 doesnt need that,
>there isnt any other reason to put a boot partition at front of drive.

Just a notice, perhaps not needed, that with plain repartitioning you will
lose all info on your disk. You will have to resort to some
"intelligent" partitioning program in order to keep all your data.

Backup is the keyword here, make sure you have everything on diskette,
tape, cd, MO or something before you start. Better safe than sorry.

Paul (been there, done that, did not like it at all!)

--
Rain and tears are the streams
that wash away life's dirt...

)0(    [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]    )0(