From: "Mark Weaver" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2000 1:05 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Partitioning for Win98 and Linux

> Hugo GONZALEZ wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > I had installed Mandrake 7.0 as the single OS on my box. No problem at
all. Then my HD physically crashed and I installed a new one with Windows
98. This new hd is 20Gb big, and initially, when installing Win98 I left
only a partition of 10Gb (9.x Gb), the rest of the disk would be for Linux.
Then I tried to install Mandrake, but DrakX told me that the partition for
Linux is beyond the cylinder 1024, so I quit installation. I surfed the
internet to read some howtos, but my confusion grew larger. My question is:
can I install Linux without making a /boot partition within the cylinder
1024?