On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, you wrote:
> Is there a easy way to upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1? I only have a 33.6k
> modem and tried using update "feature" but it doesn't show any 7.1 rpms.
>
> Do I have to download each rpm ? :(
>
> TIA

   I use a 33,6 Phoebe mainly cause out in my neck of the woods,
phone lines are only good for 28,8.  You can't 'upgrade' from 7 to
7.1 without getting *all* the files.

   Chances are slim to none of downloading all the files, or ISO
images needed to install any of the 'full size' linux distros like
Mandrake.   I've got a pretty solid connection and I estimate it
would take a dozen or more 13 hour sessions to get Mandrakes ISO's
using an ftp app that supports resume, with no guarantee of
success.  Even if I got all the right files or ISO's, I'd then need
to store them (1+ gigs) on a non-linux partition so I'd have
backup, or burn them to some hi-quality CDR's which would cost ~$3
anyway.
   So....

   cheapest CD's are    http://cart.cheapbytes.com/cgi-bin/cart

   best quality CD's are at   http://www.LLand.com/

   full list of resellers is at
              http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/america.php3

   if you don't have a CDrom drive, they start at $25

   IOW's without a much faster connection than 56k, d/l'ing isn't
an option, many sites won't even let you.

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]