Marcia,

I had the same thing going on.  I found StarOffice in the K Menu, under
StarOffice.  It was as single entry in the menu.  Click on this and it
will bring you to the StarOffice install program.  After that, you can
launch it from the menu when you want it.  I'm assuming you were logged on
as root.

Harry

--

Harry Flaxman