if you need help on this setup and your ether card is detected follow this set
of instructions i know it is for a cable modem but in all it is still basic for
dsl too first like sid said do you have a static address or a assigned address
this will make a diffrence. but do use this it is from a earlyer response if
you have a assinged addres.

I have @home and I just got this configured in linux
last night.  On the receipt that they installation
person left are your DNS addresses, IP address, subnet
mask and gateway address.  If you don't have that
piece of paper or can't make sense of it, call @ home
and ask them for that info.

Open the network utility in DrakConf.  Enter your
computer name with the name @home gave you like this:

c652933-a.sttln1.wa.home.com

where the above reflects the information they gave
you.  Choose manual in the configuration for eth0 and
enter the IP address and subnet mask there.  Go to the
DNS section and enter your primary and secondary DNS
addresses.  Go to the gateway section and enter your
gateway address.  Quit until it wants to apply the
changes.  Let it do that.  You should be able to
access the internet immediately.

Dacia