Guys I have a little problem configuring my 3Com 3CCFEM556B ( Lan+ Modem
card)
here is the history
remember  I am very neww to Linux, I do not understand a lot of complex
Linux expressions.

here is the history of e-mails between myself and the Mandrake support guys
hopefully you can make it simple and help me fix my problem.

Thanks

I downloaded pcmcia-cs.06-jul-00.tar.gz to /usr/src
I used the right click --> Archiver.
from the Edit menu I choose Extract.I pointed to /usr/src, so that extracted
the file to a directory called pcmcia-cs-3.1.18.
Fron the Konsole I typed the following commands in order:

cd ..
cd usr
cd src
cd pcmcia-cs-3.1.18
make config

this exactly the response I got

      --------------Linux PCMCIA Configuration Script----------------
The default reponses for each question are correct for most users.
Consult the PCMCIA-HOWTO for additional info about each option.
Linux source directory [/usr/src/linux]:

( I press Enter key)
Linux source tree /usr/src/linux is incomplete or missing !
   See HOWTO for a list of FTP sites for current kernel sources

Configuration failed.

make:***[config] Error 1

Please tell me what did I do wrong.

Thanks