OK please help me because I am confused.  Here is my data.  The HD I wish to
install Mandrake on is an 8 GB HD.

It is presently partitioned as follows:
One extended partition of 7.4 G
Within it I have 7 logical fat partitions:
H: 930  MB
I:  1000 MB
J:  482  MB
K: 103  MB
L: 310 MB
M:1000MB
N: 1000 MB
The rest of the extended partition is available to Mandrake.  I can of
course shrink the extended FAT partition (I have PM 5) thus leaving the rest
as blank space if that is safer.  Please advise.

The reason I have so many FAT partitions is complicated but largely because
I am using several OSs on this HD.

I would like to install Mandrake in several partitions instead of only one
plus swap.  I was thinking of (which is how I presently have TurboLinux
installed but I want to replace it by Mandrake 7.1):

/boot     10      MB
/opt        516   MB
/usr        1000 MB
/home     1000 MB
/             66     MB
/var        66    MB

swap is 100MB on another drive.

Is this appropriate and are the sizes sufficient for a standard Mandrake
install?

Thank you very much for taking the time to help.  I really appreciate it.

Jeff Malka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Registered Linux user  183185