On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> I agree with you about the HTML; I've found that some people can be agitated
> by the use of it.  I think it is unreasonable to suggest that just because
> *some* people (for sentimental or whatever reasons) want to cling to archaic
> text only mail readers, that nobody should be able to use HTML.

   Maybe archaic to Net newbies, but it's still Netiquette to use
plain text when posting to public forums. Sig's no longer than 4
lines are also accepted Netiquette, 2 lines is better.

   It's also Netiquette to delete obsolete quotes, and only include
enough of the post you're responding to so that other readers will
be able to understand your answer.

    Posts should be no longer than 72 chars per line, fixed width
font.  This used to be 65 chars a few years ago.  Attachments
(text) are usually frowned on unless absolutely necessary. Binary
attachments should never be included in post to a public forum.

    This information and more can be found by doing a search on
'netiquette'. For the most part people won't complain if you choose
to ignore the conventions, but they will consider you clueless
and/or arrogant.

--
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]