I was wondering if anyone has run any into problems installing via FTP. I
am using a Linksys Combo card (ec2t I think). I'm working with an
unparitioned HD and ran fdisk mbr on the drive prior to installation. When
I boot of the pcmcia.img image disk for Mandrake 7.1 pcmcia services start
and I can connect to an ftp mirror to start the installation. The second
stage is dowloaded but when it tries to continue with the install I get
these errors....

---------------Snip--------------------------

cardmgr[17]: + Can't open /var/run/pcmcia-scheme: No such file or directory
cardmgr[17]: + ./network: /sbin/ifconfig: not found
cardmgr[17]: + sed: not found
          (use -r for read only)
          (if /dev/ is left out of the device name, a temporary node will
be created)
cardmgr[17]: + ./netstat: not found
cardmgr[17]: + ./network /sbin/ifuser: not found
             Shutting down socket 0
             Executing: './network stop eth0'
cardmgr[17]: + Can't open /var/run/pcmcia-scheme: No such file or directory

cardmgr[17]: + ./network: /sbin/ifconfig: not found
             executing: 'rmmod pcnet_cs'
cardmgr[17]: + pcnet_cs: Device or resource busy
             rmmod exited with status 1
             executing: 'rmmod 8390'
cardmgr[17]: + 8390: Device or resource busy
          rmmod exited with status 1
             exiting

------------Snip--------------------------------------

After this it sends system kills and unmounts:

     /proc
     /tmp/stage2
you may safely reboot your system

-----------------Snip----------------------------

in another tty I see

* calling mount (/tmp/ram3, /tmp/stage2, ext2, -1058209792, (nil))
* removing device file /tmp/ram3
* method selection completed
* writing network information to /tmp/ifcfg-eth0
* state saved to /tmp
* symlink /tmp/stage2 Failed
* second stage install

and from here it hangs.....

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate some help =)  I
tried about 15 times to no avail.
I get a connection with no problem I just can't complete the install. I
used the pcmcia.img from the /current/ directory (not sure if this matters)
 Thanks!!

Lonny Selinger
Systems Adminstration
EDS Canada