I have a HP 720c printer myself. The main problem is that HP uses a proprietary
driver that is not supported in linux for the 700 and 800 series printers.
There iIS a solution though. Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pnm2ppa/
This is a website that is beiung maintained by a guy who has written a linux
driver to support these printers. You have to install the pnm2ppa and
rhs-printfilters rpm for linux mandrake. Currently there is not a version
available for Mandrake 7.1 but there are ones for mandrake 7.0. Just download
the rpms and then install them with rpm -Uv rpm-name-here then use printtool
from a command line. This must be run within xwindows. It will bring up a
window that allows you to add a printer, etc. Follow the instructions and all
"should" go well. If it dosent feel free to email me or you can make a post on
the sourceforge site. One note. the Fast Text Dithering box MUST be unchecked
for this driver to work.

Like i said, if you have any problems feel free to email me and i will domy
best to help you out.

Ian K. Harrell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]