On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Mark Weaver wrote:
> So, tell me. I've been hearing a lot of discussion here and there about
> KDE2 and most importantly koffice. What's it going to be like? What are
> it's perks and even more than that is it going to be fast and light, or
> heavy and combersome like Star Office? I like Star Office, but I don't
> like how heavy it is.

the opposite of star office...quick and nimble...the present beta, which is
still burdened with some debug code that it'll carry for a short while yet,
already moves much faster than star, and as it comes towards release will
accelerate considerably...

kspread, though not yet the equal of excel, outshines any other spreadsheet
i've seen in linux, and integrates into kword documents with ease...likely
that 98% - 99% of users will find it fills 100% of their spreadsheet needs...

kword combines the functions of a basic desktop publishing program with a
word processor in a tight little package...minimal learning curve...

kmail now includes nestable folders, background downloads, threaded
conversations, color coded quoting, and dozens of other enhancements...for
those who prefer gui based mail programs, it now sets the linux standard...

the big need of the kde2 developers at this point is for many folks to
download the betas, seek out and document the bugs...betas can be downloaded
from:

http://us.mandrakesoft.com/~molnarc/index.html

frank