Mandrake 7.0 comes with Tcl/Tk 8.0.5.  I want to install Tik and have all it's
features, and that
requires Tcl/Tk 8.1 or higher.  I downloaded an RPM and tried it.  It dind't work.  I
got errors
mentioning things like dependencies.  I then un-installed version 8.0.5 and then
installed
8.4a1-1, only to find Tik wouldn't run at all (gave me a wish error or something).
Then netcfg
wouldn't even run, saying Python wasn't properly configured for Tk on my machine.
Well.... does
this mean I have to reinstall everything to get a newer version of Tcl/Tk?  Is it even
possible to
install a newer version or am I stuck with 8.0.5?  People have told me it should be
easy to
upgrade, but none have actually done it themselves and their instructions didn't work
for me.
Have any of you out there actually done it or is it ever going to work?

My computer:
AMD Athlon 550 on an FIC SD11 motherboard
64MB PC100 SDRAM
16.8 and 3.5 GB HDDs
Voodoo3 3000
SB PCI128 Sound Card
48X CD-ROM drive

Mandrake Linux 7.0, Windows 98, Windows 2000, FreeBSD 4.0, and BeOS 5 PE

=====