----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles A Edwards" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 9:05 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] win2k / 7.1

    Unless you actually have your system Networked with another machine you
 can use My Computer/Control Panel/Administrative Tools to change the
network
 settings to manual and you should no longer have to screw with "preparing
 network connection"
    You can contact me off list if I can be of futher assistance.

   Charles

P.S. It feels like I am writing ot myself  :-)