I have a Compaq Presario AMD 533 Mhz with 128mb Ram and 20 Gig. HD.
model number is 7479. I am having great troubles getting Linux 7.0 to
install
on this machine. I had to format it twice because all I got when I rebooted
was
zero's and one's filling up the screen. I tried to boot off of the disk and
then to
the CD but I can not get pass the disk they gave me. I tried to make my own
disk as the instruction told me but the program that makes the disk did not
work, give me an error not sure what just now.

I have gave up trying sometime ago but now I find I still would love to have
it on my machine. It has to be duel boot because I need to run WIn/98 as
well. They say not to boot right to the disk (which I can do), I am not sure
why but maybe I should try that. I friend told me that my hard drive was to
big but  I could not understand that being the problem.

Any help would be GREAT!

Thanks for you time and effort in the matter for me

Regards
Stephen L