On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Are Linux drivers available for using Fuji Digital Camera picture development
> or must one stay with Windoze?
>
> Michael Coady

    Michael, since you didn't say, I'll havt'a assume you're using
KDE, and that by "picture development" you mean downloading and
proccessing pictures from your digital camera, no?

   If that's the case, check an see if 'Gphoto' (it's in your KDE
menu under Multimedia | Graphics) will work with your Fuji. There's
several Fuji models in the list.  I have an Olympus D360L, and tho
it's not in the list, if I set it as D340L, it downloads jus' fine.
I can also use the other features such as setting the file prefixes,
setting the time, clearing the camera, etc ... works great. The
software that came with the camera won't even work on my Windoze
side ;-)

   There's too may proccesing/editing apps that come with Mandrake
to recommend one, they all have a 'best' feature.  As to viewing
stored images, GQview is great, and Compupic is even better. Do a
Freshmeat search on 'compupic', Winblows version is $40, Linux one
is FREE.  Be sure to read the link on their page about why that is
;-)

 --
~~   Tom Brinkman    [EMAIL PROTECTED]