My system is setup the same way, with Win98 and Win2000 on hda, and Linux
on hdc.  With Mandrake 7.0, I was using LILO to boot either Linux or
"Windows" - the NT boot loader - from which I could select either version
of Windows.  I tried installing 7.1 both as an upgrade (once) and as a New
Installation (three times).  Prior to doing that, I had installed System
Commander, and made sure I could boot into Windows with it.  Then I
disabled Sys Commander, and proceeded to install 7.1 - and that's when my
wonderful adventures with GRUB first began.  I still need to use a boot
floppy to access Linux.  I am thinking of trying another distribution,
which hopefully will handle these matters more gracefully.

Torrey